Two-Person Trekking Pole Backpacking Tent
This 3 lb tent is one of the lightest backpacking tents on the market. It has large mesh sidewalls and side vents making it almost a full 2-layer tent. At 7 feet long, over 5 feet wide, and 42 inches high, it also has more room than any tent in the ultralight category. Roomy for one but comfortable for two. Compact and easy to pack, it can fit nicely in your backpack or bug-out bag. It comes with 8 ultra-light aluminum stakes and a carrying bag (these are included in the total weight which is 3 lbs even). Important Note: This tent is intended for use with trekking poles; however, if you forget your poles it works fine with most any stick longer than 42 inches or can be tied between two trees. . No poles means no problems, since many tents come with cheap, fragile poles which are the first things to break and make the tent worthless. Because this tent will work with trekking poles, sticks, or tied between two trees, no poles means no problems. With no poles to string through the tent this tent is super fast and simple to set up. Just stake down the corners and put in the trekking poles and it can be set up in as little as 1 minute. This tent includes the ultra-light aluminum stakes.
- With large mesh sidewalls and vents this tent is almost a full 2-layer tent.
- A small packed size means this tent will fit easily into your backpack or bug-out bag.
- Includes all needed guy-lines and aluminum stakes.
- This tent is intended to be used with Trekking Poles, but it can also be set up with sticks or tied between two trees.
- No traditional tent poles means no problems. With no poles to string through the tent it is super fast and simple to set up. Just stake down the corners and put up the trekking poles.
- The tent can be set up in as little as 1 minute.
- Weight: 3lbs with stakes and bag
- Width: 5 feet,
- Length: 7 feet
- Height: 42 inches
- Stakes: Includes 8 ultra-light aluminum stakes
- Tent Material: PU coated polyester
- Trekking Poles: If you choose “with trekking poles” we will include our carbon trekking poles.
Trekker Tent 2 vs Trekker Tent 2.2
Many want to know which tent to buy. With large mesh sidewalls, this tent (2.2) has a lot more ventilation then the Trekker Tent 2, so it is great in warmer climates or in areas where you get high condensation, but will not be as warm on a windy late-fall or early-spring night. This tent is also 4 oz heavier than the Trekker Tent 2 because of the added mesh sidewalls.
Also, the Trekker Tent 2 has a strong tarpaulin bathtub bottom. The ground material in this tent is waterproof and strong, but not quite as strong as the floor in the Trekker Tent 2.
Also buy on Amazon
Keywords: Trekking Pole Tent, backpacking tent, camping tent, hiking tent, light weight tent, compact tent, ultra light tent